As the American workforce was forced to adapt to lockdowns and social-distancing measures, businesses needed to find ways to resume productivity. Many employers, schools, and higher learning institutions turned to remote work and learning. This opened the door to new ways to communicate between team members and classmates but may have caused hidden health issues unintentionally. As workers and students started to return home it became time to find suitable areas in the home to work and study. Many were not equipped with home offices or ergonomic working environments within their homes, so they turned to kitchen tables, sofas, and makeshift workspaces. This change has caused stiff necks, shoulders and backs, lower back pain issues, and a decline in flexibility and over all physical health for many. The culprit? Bad Posture!
What effects does bad posture have on the body?
- Neck and shoulder stiffness: Sitting in a slouch position for hours on end or exhibiting Forward Head Posture where your head is more forward than your spine can cause stiffness through the neck, shoulders and eventually through your back.
- Fatigue: Poor posture is known to decrease energy levels.
- Poor Circulation: Bad posture can reduce blood flow and lead to more serious health issues in the future.
- Mood swings: Poor posture has been shown to affect the mood of individuals in a negative way.
- Breathing: Poor posture and spinal alignment can lead to labored breathing and improper breathing patterns, reducing your respiratory efficiency.
- Headaches: When your spine is out of alignment it causes your muscles to tense which can lead to headaches.
How can bad posture be corrected?
John and Mary, the founders of Wolf Moon Wellness have developed a comprehensive treatment plan for bad posture that can help get your body back into alignment and feeling great. Corrective stretches and mobilizations, along with breath work and core exercises can alleviate symptoms of bad posture.
We have developed a state-of-the-art online program that you can complete in the comfort of your own home. The Human Restoration Project is a course that will empower you with the knowledge you will need to correct dysfunction, alleviate pain and bring your body back into harmony. If a more hands on approach is required, give us a call and we will provide a patient consultation and discover what approach is best for you.
This Program will go over the essentials of posture, core and breath work.
John Laznovsky, LMT
John has over ten years of experience in the field of corrective exercise and rehabilitation as a Personal Trainer, Nutritionist, Holistic Lifestyle Coach and Manual Therapist. He holds advanced certifications in Kettlebells, Functional Movement Screening, Posture Analysis, Sciatica Treatment, Neck and Scapula Pain, Back Pain and CPR and AED.)
Mary Laznovsky, M.S., L.Ac
Mary is a Licensed Acupuncturist and CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach who has been busy in private and clinical practice since graduating from New York College in April 2010. Mary values Eastern Medicine because she believes it is a truly holistic healing practice which incorporates a synchronicity between the body and the mind. She works with her patients building a positive and healthy environment for an optimal healing process.
Mary's methods work to treat the body as a whole, seeking out the root of a disease in addition to alleviating the symptoms.
If working or studying from home has you feeling stressed, stiff, tired, or in pain, contact Wolf Moon Wellness to get the treatment you need to feel great again. If you cannot get to our office, sign-up for the posture course and find out how to get your body back in alignment from the comfort of your own home.